Climate Controlled Storage – Perfect When Moving During the Summer in Asheville, NC
Moving during the summer creates a series of unique challenges. As the temperature rises and the sun beats down, it is essential for you and the movers stay hydrated. Along with taking precautions specific to the moving process, if you plan to use a storage facility, you want to make sure the company offers climate controlled storage. Following are some examples of the primary benefits that come from renting a unit like this in the summertime.
- Controlled Temperature and Humidity – As the name implies, climate controlled storage is a rented space that maintains a specific temperature and humidity level. Considering how hot outside units without climate control get on hot days, especially those outside of a building, you need a solution that will provide any sensitive items with optimum protection.
- Preventing Damage to Goods – Asheville, NC, has hot and humid summers. For that reason, you need to take the necessary steps to keep your possessions safe. This type of unit is perfect for things like wood and leather furniture; electronics; CDs and DVDs; paper documents; artwork; musical instruments; and collections, including wine, stamps, and coins. Climate-controlled storage provides the protection needed for high heat and humidity.
- Easier Access – If you plan to store things that you need frequent access to, the last thing you want to deal with is retrieving them from storage between noon and 3 p.m. when temperatures soar and the humidity peaks. With a unit that has a controlled climate, you can go to the facility as often as needed and work without breaking a sweat. Remember, these units are inside of a building, so the entire environment is comfortable.
- Protection from Humidity – As mentioned, climate-controlled storage facilities keep the units at a set temperature. At the same time, it has unique insulation that blocks out humidity. Because of that, you never have to worry about moisture seeping inside. For metal items like appliances, bicycles, office equipment, and tools, even a small amount of condensation would lead to rust and damage.
- Affordable Pricing – Initially, you might think that climate controlled storage is too expensive to afford. In fact, a reputable moving company has spaces of different sizes, all at competitive prices.
Moving and Storage Experts in Asheville, NC
For a positive moving experience and the kind and size of storage unit you require, Gasperson Moving & Storage has the ideal solution. For more information, please contact us today.