Expert Commercial Movers in Asheville, NC Provide a Post-Move Checklist
Moving to a new office can help your company grow, develop, and thrive, and is well worth the time and work invested planning and preparing. After the transfer, there is still a lot to do, especially in the first few days. To ensure your company is well-prepared for the move, use this relocation checklist from Gasperson Moving & Storage’s skilled commercial movers.
- Employee Moving Packets – Your first objective should be to get your employees to the new office. Employees should be given moving packages containing new passcodes, keycards, desk assignments, and parking locations on the day of the move.
- Examine Technology and Equipment – After a move, have your IT department evaluate all equipment. Include in the check laptops, printers, phones, and projectors. Examine any additional specialist equipment for proper operation. You don’t want a client with a technical problem visiting your office a week following the transfer.
- Extra Furniture & Equipment – After organizing the office for optimal efficiency, you can arrange for the disposal of any excess furniture and equipment, including old office furniture that does not fit the new. Extra equipment can be saved, donated, sold, or discarded. Do this as soon as possible after moving in order to avoid a crowded and uncomfortable office.
- Update Materials & Website Details – After a move, one of the most important chores is to double-check all company papers for contact information. To prevent misleading your clients, don’t leave any platform untreated. Reorder business cards, update your website and social media profiles, and print fresh brochures and posters.
- Know Your New Area – Making appointments with associates and clients will necessitate mapping out your new surroundings. Knowing traffic conditions, alternate routes, and public transportation options can save you from being late for a meeting. You can also obtain a list of ideal business lunch locations as well as their busy hours.
- Contact Associates and Clients – To avoid future misunderstandings, notify all clients and associates of your new location as soon as possible after the relocation. Involve your customers, cleaners, carriers, and the US Postal Service. You can confirm your new address to ensure that meetings, services, and deliveries continue as scheduled.
- Fill Out Any Complaints – After everything has been unpacked and inspected, fill out any complaints and insurance claims with the moving company. It is vital to disclose any damage as soon as possible in order to ensure correct reporting and claims.
- Leave an Online Review – While reviewing commercial movers may take a few days, it should be completed within a week. You can also express your concerns and ask questions here. If you had a positive experience, it can help others make a decision.
Contact Gasperson Moving & Storage
Gasperson Moving & Storage specializes in commercial relocation and utilizes Asheville, NC commercial movers. We are a full-service organization that handles everything from planning to furniture installation. We want your post-move to be as easy as your relocation itself. We’ll handle the relocation and even provide you with a post-move checklist! For additional details, please contact us right away.