Moving Antiques and Fine Art
Regardless of the type of things you need to move, you want the best movers possible on the job. However, when it comes to antiques and fine art, your expectations increase. Due to the fragility and value of these goods, you need reliable movers on board, ideally those with years of experience and extensive training. As you research different companies, there are specific factors to consider.
Antiques and fine art require unique care. For a professional moving company to deliver these items without causing damage, it is imperative that you hire one that specializes in handling high-quality possessions. Even then, you want to gather information about the process so that you feel confident in hiring a particular company.
Tips From Gasperson’s Reliable Movers in Asheville, NC
- Insurance – Before locking into a formal contract, confirm that the moving company has excellent insurance protection. For antiques and fine art, you want full-replacement value. That means instead of paying only a small percentage to replace the cost of damaged goods, the company would pay 100 percent. Keep in mind that for antiques and other high-end possessions, you should also contact your insurance provider to make sure you have adequate coverage, with or without protection from the movers.
- Packing Materials – Ask the moving company about the types of materials it uses for expensive goods. Reliable movers have crates especially designed for antiques and artwork. They also use high-quality packing paper, bubble wrap, pads, straps, and other supplies for optimum protection.
- Loading and Transporting – Even with your antiques and fine art carefully wrapped and crated, the right movers will follow strict company policy on loading and transporting these items. In other words, as reliable movers, they would rely on cutting-edge tools and equipment to put everything in the truck and then use straps to hold the pieces securely in place during transport.
- Storage Solutions – If you need to place something in storage, the company you hire would either have a secure and safe warehouse facility or a partnership with a nationwide carrier that has one. Either way, during the time your antiques or fine art remains in storage, the items would have full protection.
- On-Time Delivery – If you need high-end items delivered as part of a grand opening or special event, you need reliable movers who will ensure your delivery is on time.
Your Most Trusted Movers
Gasperson Moving & Storage takes pride in handling all customer goods with extreme care, including antiques and fine art. We take precautionary steps to ensure your complete satisfaction. Contact us for more information or to have an estimator visit your home to make a free assessment of the cost.