Gasperson Moving and Storage in Asheville, NC Shares Tips on Protecting Items Commonly Damaged During a Move
Hiring Gasperson Moving and Storage is the best way to avoid having items damaged during a relocation. However, even with a top-of-the-line mover, things happen. For optimum protection of your belongings, use the information provided to learn about things most commonly damaged and how to protect them.
Commonly Damaged Goods
Following are some examples of the most commonly damaged items during a move.
- Pottery and Glassware – For obvious reasons, both pottery and glassware are at the greatest risk. For these items, the experts at Gasperson Moving and Storage recommend using extra protection. Also, make sure you select the right size box and wrap everything separately.
- Artwork – Artwork is also at risk due to its fragility. Although you can carefully wrap items yourself, for your more expensive pieces, you should have the movers wrap and place them in boxes specially designed for this purpose.
- Furniture – Anything oversized, oddly-shaped, and extremely heavy is prone to damage during a move. As with artwork, it is best to leave this type of furniture to Gasperson Moving and Storage.
- Sporting Equipment – Unfortunately, many people do not take the time to disassemble sporting equipment, which can cause damage. To avoid that from happening, follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for dismantling before the move.
Protecting Your Belongings
- Professional Moving and Packing – Professional packing and unpacking is one of the many services offered by Gasperson Moving and Storage. Beyond convenience, having experts wrap and load your goods dramatically reduces the chance of damage. For that reason, you should consider using these services.
- Packing Material – If you decide to handle the packing yourself, always start with high-quality packing material. The best moving companies recommend both bubble wrap and packing paper made for this purpose. If you want to save a little money yet still protect your possessions, you can also use layers of newspaper, linens, and clothing for wrapping.
- Boxes – It is just as important that you use only the best packing boxes available. You can purchase them for a nominal price from Gasperson Moving and Storage. Another option entails getting them from retailers the day after they receive shipments. You can even check inside of dumpsters. Just make sure that you select boxes in premium condition, meaning they have no tears, rips, or stains.
- Packing Method – Something else to consider is the way you pack things. One example is that when loading glass plates into boxes, never lay them flat. Instead, line them up on their sides. For more helpful tips, ask the professionals at Gasperson.
Expert Services From Gasperson Moving and Storage Based in Asheville, NC
For the best moving experience of your life, you can count on us at Gasperson Moving & Storage. We offer an affordable packing and unpacking service to put your mind at ease. For more information or to schedule a move, give us a call.