Tips from Asheville Movers on Proper Packing Techniques
When relocating, whether it is a local move or an international move, it’s important to plan in advance. However, it’s just as important that you wait to pack certain things until the day before or of the move. Thanks to helpful tips from top Asheville movers, you can follow this list to make your upcoming relocation easier. Otherwise, you could find yourself fishing around in boxes for items you still need.
- Medication – Instead of putting your medication, even over-the-counter products, in a box, slide them into a plastic container that you take in your car to the new home. That way, you have quick and easy access to medications you need, including medicine for a headache, band-aids for blisters and scratches, and so on.
- Toiletries –Top Asheville movers suggest the same thing for your toiletries. Especially if you have to stay overnight in a hotel in route to your new home, you’ll need to have shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, and other similar items handy.
- Documents – Along with documentation pertaining to the moving company you hire, be sure to keep other important items in a safe place in your possession. Included are vaccination records, marriage license, birth certificates, and car titles.
- Valuables – Even if you hire the most trusted Asheville movers in existence, it’s always best to keep valuables with you. In fact, you should consider buying a small portable safe where you can store jewelry and other priceless possessions. If wanted, you can put your documents in the safe as well.
- Kids and Pets – If you have children, keep some of their favorite toys out. Not only will that help keep them entertained during the transition but will also make them feel less stressed. The same thing goes if you have pets. Along with toys, make sure to leave out dishes and food.
- Phone and Accessories – Surprisingly, some people forget to take their phone and charging accessories with them. While rushing to pack, they inadvertently plop them inside a box and don’t find them until unpacking.
- Moving Bag – Fortunately, when hiring reputable Asheville movers, seldom do things go wrong. However, just in case the driver runs into something unexpected, take along a bag filled with things for a day or two. Include a change of clothing, paper plates and plastic eating utensils, bottled water, snacks, and other comforts.
Partner with Gasperson Moving & Storage Today!
When it comes to Asheville movers, Gasperson Moving & Storage is your best source. Contact us today for more information on how we can help you out.