Commercial Movers’ Advice on How to Plan & Complete an Office Move
Industry-Leading Commercial Movers’ Tips on Planning & Completing an Office Move in Asheville, NC & Surrounding Areas
Planning to move your business or office is a lot of work. Your office is made up of employees you have known over the years, so it is crucial to keep them informed and engaged with the move from the very beginning. Here are some steps you can take with the advice of Gasperson Moving & Storage’s commercial movers on how to plan and complete an office move in no time.
Office Moving Checklist
Keeping your move organized and efficient is key to completing a smooth move. The faster things are back to normal, the quicker your company can resume business. Here is a checklist to complete so your move is completed with ease:
- Secure and locate your new office’s location.
- Sign the property lease of your new location and have your lawyer review the terms.
- Choose your moving day.
- Tell your property manager when you plan to move.
- Inform employees, customers, partners, and resources about your upcoming move.
- Form a team to handle the move’s logistics and communication with commercial movers.
- Create a schedule for the move, when to pack, and when to begin working at the new location.
- Establish your budget.
- Make a complete office inventory.
- Get rid of items you will not need and plan what upgrades can happen in the new office.
- Contact commercial movers to complete several estimates before picking your movers.
- Book your moving and storage services.
- Set up IT services within your company or with your movers.
- Back up all files.
- Update your company’s business address.
- Reconfirm move with movers.
- Pack belongings.
- Complete a final walkthrough.
- Give out new company keys and cards.
- Complete move in day with commercial movers!
While this sounds like a lot, you will be a step closer to completing your move with these tips. Start planning now and make your move a breeze. Simplify your office move today.
Contact Gasperson Moving and Storage
Contact Gasperson Moving and Storage to schedule your first moving and storage estimate. Call us or go online if you have any questions about our residential or commercial moves in Asheville, NC, and surrounding areas.