Packers and Movers Provide Advice for Moving During the Winter
When it comes to moving, most people prefer to do it during the spring and summer months when the weather is warmer and more predictable. This, of course, means that this is the peak time for most moving companies. Unfortunately, it is also the time when many moving companies charge more for the services of their packers and movers. Whether you are trying to keep your costs down or have no choice but to move during the winter months, Gasperson Moving & Storage has a few tips to make your move a little less stressful.
- Choose the Right Moving Company – The most important tip we have is to make sure you choose a moving company whose team of packers and movers have the skill and experience needed to move your home during the winter months. This means dealing with things like icy roads and sidewalks, extreme cold, and limited daylight hours.
- Be Sure You Confirm the Date – As your moving date comes closer, be sure you reach out to the moving company you choose. You need to confirm the date, but at the same time you need to work with the movers to create a backup plan with an alternative date, just in case the day you choose is forecasted to have a winter storm.
- Protect Your Floor – Cover your floors with plastic to protect them from any snow, water, and dirt the packers and movers might bring in on their feet.
- Turn the Heat Down – While you might want everyone to be warm during this time, the doors are going to be open and trying to heat the outside world is going to cost you a fortune.
- Sidewalk and Driveways – If there are snow and ice on your sidewalks or driveway, be sure you shovel the snow off and use deicer to clear them, so they are safe for the movers to walk on.
- Your Kids – If you have younger kids, have them stay with friends, family, a babysitter, or daycare while the packers and movers are working. This will help make things flow along smoothly and reduce the risk of injury or damage to your belongings or home.
- Your Pets – Here again, if you have pets, be sure you find somewhere for them where they can stay where they will be warm and safe. This will keep them from getting in the way and causing problems and accidents.
Contact Gasperson Moving & Storage
If you need more advice on how to prepare for your winter move, contact the pros at Gasperson Moving & Storage today!