Moving Tips from One of the Best Moving Companies in Asheville, NC
Even the best moving companies in Asheville, NC worry about safety and customer satisfaction. Just because you hire a professional moving company, it’s still important for you to practice good safety procedures if you are going to do any of your own packing. Even when completing the simplest of tasks, back and neck injuries are all too common. The best way to avoid injuries is to follow a few simple guidelines designed to help you move safely. These tips can help you stay safe during your move.
Professional Movers Safety
Here are three of the most important safety rules the best moving companies in Asheville, NC adhere to:
- The Right Training – our teams of professional movers undergo extensive training to ensure they understand the right and wrong ways to do their job. This training helps to significantly reduce the risk of injury to our movers.
- The Right Equipment and Tools – when it comes to performing their jobs safely, our teams eschew the use of muscle power and instead rely on having the right tools and equipment to do their jobs. They use tools like dollies, lifting straps, and lifts to help them lift heavy items and prevent injuries.
- The Right Clothes – professional movers wear loose fitting clothing, back braces, and steel-toed boots or shoes.
Keeping Everyone Safe
There are several things you can do to minimize your risk of injury, including:
- Be Aware of Your Limits – while you might think it’s a good idea to get as much of the hard work done before your choice of the best moving companies in Asheville, NC arrives, this may not be the best idea. It is important that you know your limitations. Keep in mind you hired professional movers to take care of the heavy work.
- Keep Kids and Small Animals Out of the Way – To help keep the movers and everyone else safe, find ways to keep your kids and pets out of the way. Consider hiring a babysitter and securing your pets in an empty room or have a family member or close friend watch all of them for you.
- A Clear Path Through Your Home – the last thing anyone needs is to trip over boxes, toys, or anything else. This can lead to serious injuries, be sure you leave at least one clear path through your home.
- Doing Your Own Packing – should you choose to handle your own packing; be aware of how much time you spend bent over the boxes and avoid lifting heavy boxes without help. The best moving companies in Asheville, NC recommend using proper posture and lifting techniques to help avoid serious back injuries.
Contact Gasperson Moving & Storage
Making the right choices before you start and while your move is going on is the best way to avoid injury. For more moving safety tips, contact the experts at Gasperson Moving & Storage and let us help make your move seamless and safe from start to finish.