International Packing Tips from the Top Moving Companies in Ashville, NC
As you can imagine, relocating to a different country is much different than moving within the same city or state. Thankfully, some of the best moving companies have provided helpful international packing tips to streamline your upcoming relocation.
Keep in mind, when you hire one of the most respected moving companies, you can take advantage of its team of experts to assist with both packing and unpacking. However, if you prefer to handle the packing aspect of your move, the following information will help.
- Start Early – While you might think you have plenty of time to worry about packing, time will sneak up on you quickly. For that reason, start creating a list and purchasing the supplies you need anywhere from two to three months in advance. By not rushing, you will experience less stress.
- Quality Supplies – For an international move, boxes you find in a dumpster or retrieve from your local grocery store will not suffice. Instead, buy boxes, tape, and packing material from whichever one of the moving companies you hire. Strong corrugated boxes, heavy-duty tape, and quality packing materials will provide your possessions with optimum protection.
- Cushioning Material – In addition to packing paper and bubble wrap, you can use all sorts of soft items for packing. As an example, sweatshirts, towels, blankets, pillows, and other household items work incredibly well. By using them, you require fewer boxes.
- Electronics – Another excellent international packing tip offered by trusted moving companies is for electronics: Make sure you unhook all the cords. Place them in a plastic zippered bag, write the contents on the outside using a magic marker, and attach the bag to the back of the respective electronic with strong tape.
- Use Space – Another way to reduce the number of boxes and containers you need is to place things like unbreakable kitchenware, books, and other miscellaneous items inside luggage, bathroom hampers, gym bags, and so on.
- Make a List – For a streamlined process, start with a list of everything you plan to take on a room-by-room basis.
- Label Your Boxes – As you pack, use a labeling system. For instance, if you have 12 boxes full of kitchen items, label the boxes K1 through K12. In addition, place a color-coded sticker on each of those boxes and one on your list next to “kitchen.” When your belongings arrive at your new home, the labels and stickers will confirm you received the correct number of boxes and which room they go in.