Money Saving Tips From Expert Movers
Moving to a new home can be an exciting and stressful time, and one of the biggest concerns is the cost. However, there are several ways to save money when moving. Here are five tips to help you keep your costs down:
- Purge and declutter: Before you start packing, go through your belongings and get rid of anything you no longer need or use. Not only will this make packing and moving easier, but it will also save you money on moving costs, as movers charge by weight.
- Compare quotes: When looking for a moving company, be sure to get quotes from multiple movers. Compare the services and prices to find the best deal. Don’t be afraid to negotiate, either. If you have a good idea of how much your move will cost, you can budget accordingly and ensure you’re getting the best deal possible.
- Pack yourself: Packing is one of the most time-consuming and costly aspects of moving. By doing it yourself, you can save money on labor costs and also be in control of the packing process. Make sure to get good quality packing materials like boxes, tape, and bubble wrap to ensure your belongings are protected during the move.
- Do it yourself: If you have a pickup truck or a van, you can move your belongings yourself. Renting a truck and doing the move yourself can save you a significant amount of money, but it’s essential to factor in the fuel cost and the time it will take you to move.
- Get creative with storage: If you’re downsizing or moving into a smaller home, you may need to store some of your belongings. Instead of renting a storage unit, consider using a friend or family member’s attic or garage. You can also look into renting a storage container or renting a storage unit on the cheap through a self-storage comparison site.
Overall, moving can be an expensive process, but with a little bit of planning and creativity, you can save money and make the move less stressful. By purging and decluttering, comparing quotes, packing yourself, doing it yourself, and getting creative with storage, you can keep your costs down and have a successful move. Contact us today if you are ready to schedule your move.