Tips from the Leading Full Service Movers in Asheville, NC
Are you planning to downsize? Moving is a big step in a new direction of life. As you prepare to get started, stop and plan what would make this move the most efficient for you. If you are thinking ahead, your move will be smoother already. Here are some tips from the experienced full service movers at Gasperson Moving & Storage in Asheville, NC on how to make the most out of and how to plan for moving into a smaller space.
- Clean – The first step to any move is to clean. Clean everything. Getting rid of any trash or getting objects off the floor will effectively move things along so you can avoid any tripping hazards. Also, you don’t want to bring dusty or grimy furniture with you to the new place.
- Declutter – Downsizing usually means you can’t take everything with you. Split up what you own into piles of get rid of, donate, or keep. This is an organized way to go through everything you own. Think of what you will use and maybe get rid of things that you haven’t used in a while. This also lightens the load on our full service movers.
- Costs – Moving to a small place has its perks. Saving on utilities is one of them. Your heating and electricity bill will be cheaper in a small space. Also, after all your hard work decluttering your house, you now will save money on the move because you have less stuff to move.
- Be Creative – Take advantage of the space you have. Find a new way to decorate and use the most of your space. Living in a small space doesn’t mean it has to be crowded. Pay attention to organization and what will fit the best. Create a cozy space for yourself and your family.
- Socialize – Living in a smaller space means you might not have room for big and bulky objects. Take advantage of this and go out and meet new people at local fitness centers, the pool, or parks. This will help you establish your new life as you get to meet new people and begin to feel a part of the new community.
Once you begin to declutter, clean, and plan for your move, it is time to look for moving companies and full service movers.
Contact Gasperson Moving & Storage
For more information about our full service movers in Asheville, NC and surrounding areas, contact Gasperson Moving & Storage today for all your moving and storage needs.