Moving and Storage Companies – Home Staging Ideas to Prepare Your Home for Sale
Are you planning to put your house on the market? Do you hope for a quick sale without needing to drop the price? An excellent way to accomplish your goal is with staging.
One important thing to remember: You need to stage both the interior and exterior of your home. Also, in anticipation of a fast sell, start looking for a reputable moving and storage company as soon as the “for sale” sign goes up.
- Improve Curb Appeal – Depending on the season, you might plant some vibrant flowers and greenery. Make sure the house numbers are large enough to read, keep the lawn meticulous, wash the windows inside and out, and power wash the outside. If you see any stains or cracks on the driveway, walkway, or porch, fix them.
- Create a Welcoming Aura – If you have a front porch, make it look and feel inviting to any potential buyers. Simple things, like nice outdoor furniture, potted flowers, and a new doormat, will go a long way.
- Lighting – While most people look at homes during the daylight hours, some only have evening hours available to scout for a house. So, make sure you have good lighting.
- Declutter – As expressed by one of the best moving and storage companies, you should rent a unit to store as much clutter as possible. Even personal photos can prove distracting. Focus on creating a lived-in, yet clean, environment.
- Dress Up the Dining Room Table – A table runner and centerpiece on the dining room table will make the entire room more inviting.
- Flooring – Regardless of the type of flooring you have, it is imperative you have it professionally cleaned.
- Furniture Placement – Another tip from an excellent moving and storage company is if you have a relatively small house, you can make it appear larger by rearranging the furniture or putting a few pieces in storage.
- Neutral Tones – If you have any dark or bold walls, repaint them a neutral color before putting your house on the market. The wrong colors can easily turn buyers off. Not only do they struggle to see their belongings in the house, but they recognize the amount of work involved to change the colors.
- Cabinets and Closets – Smart buyers will open every closet and cabinet, so prepare. Take the time to pull excessive clothes, books, photos, and small decorative items out. Then, put the items into a rented storage unit.