House Movers in Asheville, NC
Tips for Moving with Small Children
Although you love your children to pieces, when it comes to moving, you need to factor in different things to make the process as easy for them as possible. After all, small kids do not understand everything that is going on, which, when combined with all of the chaos that comes with moving, can cause meltdowns. For a seamless move with your children, the following tips will help reduce stress and make the event more enjoyable.
- Early Information – If your children are old enough, start talking about the upcoming move months out. Patiently answer questions and show them photos of their new home, as well as local parks and places they would love to visit. As the moving day approaches, they will feel less vulnerable.
- Packing – Unless you use professional house movers to help with packing, get your children involved. Even toddlers can participate in this process. Set up boxes and have them place stuffed toys, clothing items, and other non-breakable things inside. Involving your kids will make them feel important, and it will help you by reducing the load of work on your plate.
- Declutter – When your children are out of the house or while they are asleep, declutter their bedrooms. The goal is to eliminate anything they no longer use or want without them knowing. When hiring a reputable company with trained house movers, many offer recycling services. If you are moving to a smaller home, the same company can place boxes of items in storage until you decide what to do with them.
- Comfort Bags – Whether you are driving or flying to your new home while the house movers transport your possessions prepare a “comfort bag” for each child. Include snacks, juice, a coloring book and crayons, books for reading, electronics, a favorite blanket or toy, and so on. In addition to making them feel comfortable while traveling to the new home, this will keep them busy.
- Documentation – Also, before the house movers come to take your belongings away, prepare a packet that contains essential documentation for your children. Include things like birth certificates, immunization records, school records, and so on. Take these items and your important documentation with you as opposed to packing it for transport.
Professional House Movers in Asheville, NC
Gasperson Moving & Storage is a professional company with years of experience. We have a highly trained crew of expert movers willing and able to handle any job. We offer different services, all competitively priced. For a smooth moving process, we invite you to contact us today.