Residential Moving Companies in Asheville, NC
Tips for Moving into a Smaller Space
Whether you are moving into a smaller space out of necessity or desire, it does not come without challenges. Especially if you currently have plenty of available space, you might find it hard to imagine your life in cramped quarters. Fortunately, there are several solutions to help you get through the moving process, and enjoy your smaller space. Take a look at some of the tips from one of the top residential moving companies in Asheville, NC, Gasperson Moving and Storage:
- Change Your Mindset – The first thing you need to do is change your mindset about living in a smaller home. After all, less space comes with benefits. For instance, there are fewer rooms to clean, decreased utility bills, and after decluttering, you stay more organized. As suggested by the best residential moving companies, focus on the positive.
- Declutter – Next, you need to start decluttering. After setting up different boxes for trash, donating, and recycling, be honest with yourself about the things you need and want. Anything damaged, outgrown, outdated, or even duplicated should go. You can even make a little money if time allows by holding a garage sale. While this process is often difficult for some people, after you finish, it will leave you feeling rejuvenated and in control. Keep in mind that before going through this process, you should find out the dimensions of the rooms at your new home.
- Packing – You can make the move to your new place easier with organized packing. In other words, keep items from the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living room, and so on together. If you feel overwhelmed or have limited time, remember that reputable residential moving companies offer professional packing and unpacking services for a nominal price.
- Furniture Disassembly – Often, smaller homes mean dealing with narrow hallways, staircases, and doorways, as well as low-hanging ceilings. If that is the case for your place, you will find it easier to move your furniture by disassembling everything possible. As with packing, the top residential moving companies provide a service for disassembling and reassembling items as well, saving you both time and effort.
- Focus on Larger Pieces First – Another helpful tip when moving to a smaller home consists of focusing on the larger items first. Especially with limited room, you will find it easier to move small boxes around than appliances and furniture.
- Vertical Space – Even in an extremely small house or apartment, you can take advantage of vertical space. For instance, instead of setting up a bookshelf that takes up an entire wall, consider adding vertical shelves for all your favorite books.